Breaking News

Why Mojave’s dark mode isn’t dark enough

The days of getting overly excited about an OS release have passed for me. Maybe I'm just getting old and cranky or maybe operating systems reached "good enough" status a while ago. But either way, it's not something I get worked up for.

But I'll cop to being curious to try out Mojave's dark mode. I browse Ars with our in-house dark mode (you'll find it in the upper-right three-bar hamburger menu if you haven't tried it yourself yet), I use night mode on Twitter, and I find myself more comfortable with darker interfaces these days.

I upgraded to Mojave on my iMac yesterday and found the installer had already pre-selected the dark option for me, presumably because I ran the dark menu bar on High Sierra. Seemed like a good sign.

Read 4 remaining paragraphs | Comments



from Biz & IT – Ars Technica https://ift.tt/2NEZ5a5

No comments